Monday, August 24, 2015

Run! It's the Mormon Missionaries!!

Momma Note:  This morning I was home and was able to respond right away.  I included our conversation because it gives a feeling of how Sister Baker is doing and her cute attitude.  I also included her letters to her dad and me.  Our personal letters are so much who she is and since her blog is her scrapbook of her mission I wanted to include them.   Emailing her back and forth today was just what I needed to restore peace to my soul!  Jocelyn is such a blessing in my life!  Also in response to her dad's letter she said that she thinks the pain in her legs and hips and joints is from when she caught "Dangy" or some other fever from mosquitoes  at the beginning of her mission because the pain in the joints can last a year or more.  We are praying each day for the pain in her legs to stop.  She says it is getting better with time. The hard things that missionaries go through.  Somehow they come out stronger for it.  What a blessing to get strength from hard things.   ~Momma Baker







So this week was rough. We ran into an obstacle this week that is called no one wants to talk with us. Man oh man. That really sucks. We had to cut all of our investigators because no one is progressing and no one will go to church and everyone lies to us. So we are starting all over. Wahoo. This week was suuper weird. We would go to teach a lesson and when we arrived on the street of that person they would see us and run. I’m not kidding. One time we were walking to our investigatores house and she saw us and ran into her house. This didn’t happen just one time this week. This happened about 10 times. (I’m not exaggerating) (really I’m not it could be more than 10) What a bummer. and also in other bad news. Brazil is going through a financial problem (like the rest of the world) so the church is going to help out by cutting some finances. So all of the chapels that are less than 3 miles away from the stake center will have to go to the stake center. So our little chapel/house will have to go to the stake center. And so guess what we will have to bring all of our investigatores to church on foot for 5 to 7 miles. That’s not cool. So maybe President is thinking about transferring us to another area. Wahoo. Another emergency transfer. Pray for me and my little ward/branch. I love them and want to help them so much. I don’t want to be transferred again. 

      But in the good news i went to my missionary mom's house yesterday because we were all trunky and depressed and we wanted to go to her house and she would be our adoptive mom. So me and my companion went there and we were all complaining and she was suuper depressed with the ward too so we were all talking and complaining and then we started to think about what we can do to help them out and to help the investigatores and everything and now we are all a little bit happier and we are suuper excited to help out so we are going to get the whole ward together to do something suuuper cool but we just need ideas. What could we do that is suuuper cool that could help our ward out? I need ideas!!!!!
 But anyway. I love you all you are all wonderful. Thank you so much for your support and help. I love you
love, sister j. baker

Our conversation:
Momma's response to the main letter:
Oh!  That is hard stuff!  If I saw you I would run too but I would run to you and give you the biggest hug you ever got!!  Silly people!  They don't know what they are missing!  Just start smiling and singing to them and they will all come running!
A big ward activity?  How about a bunch of games like a cake walk, hopscotch (out of chalk or on paper squares), four square, bingo etc.   Or you could do some kind of fireside where you sing and give a spiritual message??  Is there someone that needs service that you could all work together?   Or you could have a potluck dinner or picnic?  Even something like a bean bag toss or missionary tag or tag or teach them some primary songs??   How about a cookie day?  Our primary does that once a month and the kids love it and there are several less active kids that come to that.  You could have a cookie or treat swap?    An Icecream bar people bring toppings? Etc There's a few more! Keep it simple so you can do more activities and  you don't get too overwhelmed.  You are great.  You got this! I love you so much.  You can do this!  It's sounds like you have another challenge!  Just like the last place you have got what it takes to accomplish the Lord's will.  If anyone can do it, it is you.  I think Heavenly Father has such trust in you.  I know how delighted He is with you.   Yesterday Zac spoke on ministering and what it is and he used you as an example.  So sweet.  You're doing great!  I love the way that you turned your down time yesterday into something positive that you can help and serve.  That's my girl!   Go Joci go!! :)
Love  you
Mom

Joci:
 We will have to figure something out. I loved your ideas i love how in our ward we are always doing something. We always have some activity happening but here it’s completely up to the missionaries and even then sometimes it doesn’t happen we need to do a lot of activities. Thank you for your ideas. Thanks mama. I got this.  We will help this ward out.
 I love you thank you for believing in me. I love you
love, sister j. baker


Mom:
Yep!  You've so got this!  Thank you for our talk.  My soul has peace now.  You are just what I needed!  I've got you singing to me in the background and talking to you on email and now my world is right!!  I love you so much!  HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
I am praying for you!
I love you.
Your momma

Joci:
oh good. im glad. dont worry about a thing. every little thing is gunna be alright. i love you. 
i hope you have a great week. Give a smell (Momma note: she meant smile but I thought it was hillarious so I kept the mistake) to Alex on his birthday for me. 
i love you 

love,sister j baker


A letter to mom
Hey mama! What a great letter from you. I love to hear about the family. Zac is wonderful and I'm glad that some people are seeing his goodness and I'm glad that he is letting other people see. He is crazy and that's good too but he has a wonderful heart. I miss him soooo much. And Alex. oh my goodness. He is soooo huge!!! I dont even think i will recognize him when i get home. He is a giant!!!! When i left he was 6ft and a little bit! Now he's 6ft 4 and 16 years old!!! What happened to my little baby brother?! and Kaiti. All of the elders want to date Kaiti. Everyone that sees her picture wants to date her. She is sooooo pretty and nice too. Everyone in jr. high will like her. I wish that i would have had the opportunity to go to jr. high in salem. I hated jr. high in spanish fork. Hated it with a passion. And i love you. You are wonderful. The best mom in the world. You know that you are the best mom in the world when your daughter is blessed on the mission. I am sooo blessed here with people that take care of me. I have a mission mother here in caico. Her name is Fransisca. Whatever i need i can go to her and she takes care of me like i was really her child. You are wonderful. I really miss you a lot. a lot. and dad is the best dad that ever existed. He is that constant force right behind you when you need it. That's what i like about dad is that he is always there. He is constant he doesn't waver. I love my family. I miss you all. But hey just 6 more months. wahoooooo!!!!!! 
 i love you mama! Thank you for everything. i love you
love, sister j. baker

A letter to dad
Hey dad. It's good to hear from you. I'm so happy to hear about my family and how you all are doing. It's wonderful that each one of you is being a missionary and teaching and helping the gospel where you all are. I hope that you all are doing all you can to help the ward and the stake at home. I sure love you guys. You all are an example to me. thank you for your love and support. 
Hey i think i found out the problem about my feet. Do you remember when i caught chickagoina? and i had that bad rash? Yeah well one of the problems with the sickness is when you catch it, it can stay with you for up to a year. One of the side effects is soreness in the joints. That would explain my hips and legs and feet. And its getting better with time to i think that is is. Freaking misquitoes. ha ha but its getting better. Don't worry. 



i love you soo much. thank you so much for helping me out and being my support. 
love, sister j. baker

No comments:

Post a Comment