Monday, November 23, 2015

The Biggest Miracles...



The biggest miracle of miracles happened this week. Oh my gosh. I think i have never had such a happy feeling in my whole life. I got 3 really special phone calls this week. I don't know if you remember Klebione? I taught her in Natal. She was practically mormon, but she is dating a married man. Well i got a phone call from one of the elders over there, he’s a great friend of mine, and he said that he just got out of an interview with her and she just decided to leave everything behind and be baptised. Her house, her money, her college, her boyfriend, everything. She is willing to give up everything to be baptised and follow Jesus Christ. Her baptism was on Saturday. She called me on Saturday, crying and thanking me for the time i spent with her. She told me she loved me and wished that i could have been there. I couldn’t because i had to take care of my area. But i was sooooo happy that i could be a part of her progress and see the growth of the seed i planted. Especially that i could see the growth of a seed i planted while i was on my mission. Sister Pinheiro got to go to the baptism because her area is closer. My area is about 5 hours away. But it was sooo good to hear her voice and to see how happpy she is. and another thing, she was baptised by her son. Her son is 16 years old. It was such a blessing to see his progress too. I’m soo happy about that. 
   The other phone called i received on friday. It was my other child in Caico. Do you remember the family i was teaching there? Sandro and Aline? They were a couple that needed to get married before they could be baptised. When i was there we did everything we could possibly do and they were progressing a lot but they were still a little bit unsure about getting married. We talked a lot with them about the family a proclamation to the world and gave them one. We brought tons of members to their house and we did everything possible and when i left they were a more open to the idea of marriage, but the new sister there helped them a little bit more and they decided to get married and be baptised. When they called they were at their house. They passed the phone to aline and she told me about the wedding. They will get married about 15 of december and then they will be baptised (and then sandro will be the next bishop... i believe) and then they said the other news. Do you remember Vanessa? She is visiting the church, its been 10 years and she doesn’t want to be baptised. Well she decided to be baptised too and she wants me to be there!!!!!  I want to soooooooo freaking bad. She will have to talk to her mom and everything but i am sooo happy that she made that decision. I am overwhelmed with happiness. What a blessing to see this on my mission!!!!! The part that i loved the most is that every single one of them wanted to tell me. I am important enough in their lives that they wanted to tell me. I am sooo happy. 
Well i love you all. Thank you for your prayers. They have been answered a lot lately. I pray for you all every day.
love, sister j. baker 


And i almost forgot some other great news!!!!!! This week we had 2 baptisms!!! A dad and daughter and we are working on the mom. It’s the first time that i will baptise a whole family!!!! What a blessing. Their names are Kleber and Vitoria. It’s sooo cute and precious to see this family. I love the mission. They are wonderful and they will help a lot in this ward. 
  And also i played the violin in the celebration night of the opening of a new chapel in Mossoro and sang. It was cool. A member will send pictures. 
i love you

love, sister j baker

No comments:

Post a Comment